MSTAR is the first tool specifically designed for operational risk scenario quantification.
The MSTAR approach is based on an analytic decomposition of an expert risk assessment; typically a classical Frequency and Severity rating, into a structured graphical model. Users can use MSTAR's intuitive functionality to share and collaboratively improve the model design. The completed models are then quantified combining internal or external data (backward-looking knowledge) as well as expert judgment (forward-looking knowledge)
• The MSTAR approach and functionality drives improved risk management behavior, because it:
- Elicits a deep understanding of the risk and related drivers,
- Entails a clear formalization of how these drivers influence the risk level
- Enhances transparency of assessment process and facilitates review and challenge
• MSTAR helps all stakeholders understand the process, as they all contribute to the model design and quantification - MSTAR models are the opposite of black boxes.
• MSTAR increases the chances that the regulator agrees that it is fit for purpose, since it allows a capital calculation which is in line with the business and risk profile of the company.
MSTAR is used by our clients within their regulatory capital and operational risk stress-testing frameworks.
MSTAR is in use within internal models approved by regulators: ACPR (France) & PRA (UK).
For more informations www.elseware.fr
Aravo Solutions delivers market-leading cloud-based solutions for managing third party governance, risk, compliance and performance. We help companies protect their business value and reputation by managing the risks associated with third parties and suppliers, and to build business value by ensuring that their third party relationships are optimized.
Since 2000, leading global brands across a diverse range of industries have counted on Aravo for their end-to-end enterprise supplier and third party risk management. Aravo has also distilled this experience and best-in-class technology into rapid time-to-value applications that help companies manage a wide range of programs including: anti-bribery and anti-corruption, responsible sourcing, data privacy, information security, GDPR, financial services regulatory compliance and know your third party programs.
Providing unrivaled regulatory agility and ease-of-use, together with actionable executive reporting, Aravo supports a user base of 124,000 corporate users, managing more than 4.3 million third party users in 36 languages and 154 countries.